February Fun in the Dunes. Top 10 Events!
Wow! February is already here. Can you believe it? We have to admit, it was a slow January — not much going around here — but things are starting to pick up and we have listed some of our favorite events to check out this month. Here we go!
- February 4: Crazy Legs 5k Trail Run, Creek Ridge County Park, Michigan City – See how those “get healthy” resolutions are coming along and head out to Creek Ridge County Park for some outdoor fun. The 5k will be two loops around Creek Ridge County Park and part of the proceeds will benefit CPR Care Packages for the homeless. Online sign-ups here.
- February 5: Poetry Without Words Art Exhibit, Chesterton Art Center – Opening reception for Poetry Without Words, an exhibit of 2D and 3D artwork by members of the Area Artists Association. Stop in at Red Cup for some coffee or Running Vines for some wine before or after!
- February 9: Drunk on Love Wine Dinner, Lucrezia Ristorante, Crown Point – Head to one of the best Italian restaurants around for a delicious wine dinner! This five course meal paired with wine will certainly make you happy. Call Bob at 661-5829 for reservations.
- February 10: Gong Bath, Sacred Dunes Alternative Health, Michigan City – Experience healing sounds and vibrations. Initiate a deep relaxing meditative state of mind during this unique experience. Wear comfortable clothes. Please RSVP by calling the studio at 219.262.2670.
- February 16: Intro Class to Photo Editing, Save the Dunes, Michigan City – Join instructor Stephen Lehman and learn the basics of Adobe Lightroom. Even if you have a different editing program, the basics of this class will carry over to other programs and apps. Tickets available here. Stephen taught the very popular sunset photography classes!
- February 16: Frog Monitoring Workshop, Shirley Heinze Land Trust, Valparaiso – one of two free workshops in February where you can learn how to help monitor the health of local wetlands by monitoring frog populations. Workshop led by Alan Resetar, Amphibian and Reptile Collections Manager at The Field Museum.
- February 17: Hotel Blotto – Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Best Western, LaPorte – The very popular band, Mr. Blotto, gets together with a bunch of other bands for their annual hotel weekend bash!
- February 18: Shelf Ice Brewfest, Michigan City – The third annual Brew Fest features over 30 breweries, food trucks, entertainment and shelfies! Tickets can be purchased here. Looking to make a weekend out of this event?
- February 23: A Night of Jazz and Wine, Shady Creek Winery, Michigan City – featuring David Lahm on piano and Steve and Mary E., on guitar and vocals to create a sound that embraces jazz standards, blues, pop all with a whole new vibe. Tickets available here.
- February 26: Sunday Afternoon Wire Wrapping, 100 Washington, Michigan City – Join Jayde as she teaches you how to wrap beach glass or stones. Jayde is well known in the community for her beautiful jewelry. This class is almost sold out. Tickets available here.
Stay at Songbird Prairie Book your weekend stay now
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.